Do you know that about 3% of the world’s richest people control over 90% of the world’s wealth? An excerpt from an article dated January 19th, 2015, entitled “The wealthiest are getting wealthier, and lobbying has a lot to do with it”which was published online by pbs.org sates as follows: “In 2014, the 1 percent held 48 percent of global wealth. But that doesn’t mean the other 52 percent was for the rest of us; most of it was controlled by the 20 wealthiest percent, leaving just 5.5 percent of global wealth for 80 percent of the world.”
The same article contained visuals which are inserted below:
That was in 2014 and the bottom continues to shrink while the top is getting fatter. The sober truth is that the people on the top may or may not necessarily know God.
Don’t worry about that, I want to share with you principals that will help you to experience true “wealth”. In the book of Proverbs, chapter 10 and verse 22 in the Amplified bible (AMP) it is stated “22 The blessing of the Lord—it makes [truly] rich, and He adds no sorrow with it [neither does toiling increase it].” In the book of Deuteronomy chapter 8 verse 8 in the Expanded Bible it is stated “18 but remember the Lord your God! It is he who gives you the power to become rich, keeping the ·agreement [covenant; treaty] he promised to your ·ancestors [fathers], as it is today. “ In the book of Luke chapter 16, verse 11 Jesus made the following remark, ‘“11 So if you have not been faithful with the unrighteous money, who will trust you with what is genuine?”’ Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB).
True wealth or genuine wealth starts with knowing God. Luke 12:21 states ‘“That’s how it is with the one who stores up treasure for himself and is not rich toward God.”’ (HCSB). Jesus said that “3 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Which thing did Jesus say will be added to the disciples as they would seek after God’s Kingdom? Riches. I am going to spend considerable amount of time exploring how to walk in “true riches” in the next blogs. Stay tuned.
Model Prayer: Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Dear Jesus, come into my heart and be my Lord and Savior. I am sorry for my sins, and I ask you to forgive me, wash me with your blood, and give me your Holy Spirit to teach and guide me. Thank you for saving me. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
If you believed and prayed the above prayer, you are now a born again child of God.
I would love to hear from you and will be more than glad to be of further spiritual assistance. Feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the button at the bottom of this article to share it with your social media friends.
Authored by: Pastor Godfrey Twahirwa
Thank you for visiting Heavenly Springs Church Blogsite. I hope that you subscribe to this Blog.
Please visit our regular website at: www.heavenlyspringschurch.org’. You can also access more of our free resources on YouTube by typing in “heavenly springs church” as a key word.
This article can be distributed, printed copied, and stored, without a need to secure written permission from the author provided it remains unaltered, is not sold, and credit is given to the author.
Note: Unless otherwise indicated all the scriptures used are from the King James Version of the bible.